It's been a while since I've written and there is no excuse except for the fact that life takes over and sometimes things just don't get accomplished.
This summer has been really busy so far and we've had a lot of things going on just about every weekend. To break it down, it's been going a little something like this:
- Coen turned two! I have a two year old. Can you believe it?
- Emie started walking on her own. For those that follow my on facebook or instagram, this doesn't come as a surprise, but she's really doing great! She improves a little bit every day and goes further and gets stronger every time she tries.
- Coen is willingly using the bathroom if we ask him to go. We hope his excitement about going and using it continues. We are trying not to be too pushy about it because that's how we were guided. But so far, he's showing interest and wants to do it, so we'll continue to encourage him.
- My husband, an 8th grade Social Studies teacher of 13 years in the same building, interview and accepted a new position as of yesterday. He's going to be a Dean of Students and an Athletic Director (again) at a new school in the same district. It's a great opportunity and we are so excited for him!
- My photography hobby is really picking up and I've been having shoots almost every weekend. It's been a lot of fun getting to know my clients and taking pictures to last a lifetime. I look forward to everyone of them because of the families they are and the stories that I get to help them tell through photography.
- Daddy-Day-Care is in full swing. While they are longs days and not a lot of breaks, he's enjoying the time with the kids and having some really great bonding moments with each of them.
There has been a lot going on and with two kids, it just doubles the "fun". Pictures and more fun to come, when things slow down...