Skip to main content

My $324.45 mistake...

I've talked about how we are working to get the nursery under control and ready for it to become a nursery and not a used-to-be-our-guest-room-and-now-it-just-looks-like-a-pile-of-crap room.  In order to make this happen, I needed to start cleaning out the closet.  I started to bring clothes down and was hanging them in the basement ceiling on a bar that my husband had put up for me.  Of course, it was far too tall for me to reach and because I was 6 months pregnant at the time and felt like I could just stand on a chair to get everything up there, I did.

This wasn't any chair, either.  This was one chair of 4 chairs that we have left from a table set that S. had in his first apartment.  Where did the other chairs go?  Well, they have all been broken or have broken for one reason or another.  One time the base of the chair fell right out from under someone while just sitting it the chair.  So, why did I pick this chair to stand on? Because I thought it was no big deal. I'd be up and then back down really quickly and it should be just fine.


I was standing on the chair, longer than planned, but I needed to take down some clothes and put bags over them before hanging them back up.  In doing those steps, before I knew it, I was on the floor.

The seat of the chair fell through, I landed on my heels directly, fell directly to my bottom and then went back flat and hit my head.  I did all of this while holding onto a grouping of bagged clothes and while I did hit my head, it wasn't that hard.

Of course, I did this while my child was sleeping and my husband was not home.

S. arrived home within minutes of me falling.  I got up and left everything in the basement as it had landed and walked upstairs to admit me stupid mistake.

After telling him what happened, he decided that it would best for me to go to the hospital to get checked out.  I hem-hawed around going but then got in the car and drove.  I was fine, but I needed to go.  I called L&D on the way there just to confirm that I wasn't wasting my time and they confirmed that I needed to still drive in.

I got there, was put on the monitors, had my blood pressure taken, sat around for about an hour and had an internal check.  Everything was fine, but unfortunately, it cost $324.45 out of our HSA account that we hadn't planned on paying.

Oh well.  At least, I'm okay, the baby is okay and part of the closet is cleared out upstairs. See there's always a positive spin on these sorts of strange events.


J o s e y said…
Ugh, what a bummer. I'm glad you're okay at least!
I am glad you are OK. Even though it was a huge expense that was smart to go to the Dr. just to make sure you two are OK!

It is frustrating when this unexpected stuff happens.
I had the same thing on the day of my showers! My BP was super high so I called doc and she said head to the hospital. I did and all was fine (but in hindsight it was the start of my high BP/swelling issues) but I just got the $228 bill for the hour we were there. Ugh...

Popular posts from this blog

that nightmare

Time is passing and permanent/next step decisions AREN'T being made about where our marriage is going.

Not because of anything other than HOPE....

Hope that these changes are real.  I can't deal with an act anymore.  I'm done with those fake attempts.  It just won't work for me.  I can't.

Hope that he really wants to change.  Because he's the only one that can make that decision for himself and not anyone else.

Hope that a new normal is really a possible option.  And not just a glimmer of something that will eventually be shattered and destroyed.

Hope that we could work through all of this and actually land on our feet.  But he has to want to do those things and my guidance won't help him.  He's got to want to do them on his own.  I can't help or ask or guide.  He has to do it.  Alone and with the help of God.

Hope that the narcissistic behaviors are being dealt with in positive ways and won't resurface.  With the help of prayer, guidance from h…

my little model...

There is a blog that I follow of a photographer that I saw at the Delaware County Fair. Her studio is near my home town and her pictures are very vibrant. I enjoy looking at different aspects of photography and I like seeing how didn’t people capture pictures and scenes… I guess you could say I’m envious.

While following her blog, I saw a post that stated Calling All Furry Friends and immediately responded. I have always wanted to have Toby get professional pictures done but I just fear that I wouldn’t pick the right person to capture his personality.

Anyway, as you can read in the link above, there were a handful of photographers at Megan Morgan’s studio and they were all going to be there just to take furry friends pictures.

Of the people that were there two have uploaded their pictures and Toby is in them!

First, Megan Morgan’s blog: Weekend Workshop

Then, Holly McCaig’s blog: Dogs Everywhere

They all captured some great pictures and I can’t wait to get my hands on them so that I …

Starting here..

I know that I haven't really updated this in a long while. I apologize. In the moments it was hard enough to survive, let alone write about it or find time to write about it.

With that said, I've told people over and over again that I'm going to write again, just not sure where to start.
So, today, I'm starting here.
My mom is terminal.  
Words that I cannot believe have to leave my mouth or my fingers.
She's been battling Ovarian Cancer for well over 10 years and this last year or 8 months+ have been just the worst.  Her body is being consumed by cancer and with every day that passes we are just another closer to losing her.
She's fought this whole time and continues to beat the odds that the doctors have placed before her. She's set goals and surpassed them and when the doctors say something, it's like she mentally tells herself that it's just NOT going to happen and she flies by those measurable items.
She's been a rock star and I have known …