Skip to main content

Sprout | Home Depot

So, our weekend started off great!

Friday, my sister and my mom came over to start on a project that I've been wanting to accomplish for the nursery and I finally had all of my ducks in a row.  We were cutting, sewing and ironing and before long, we had the finished product.  It looked great, we were happy, but when we put it all together, it was too long for where we wanted to mount it.

We thought that we could pull it a part and start all over or we could just buy something bigger to mount it on.  So we went with the latter thinking we could find something bigger and it would just work out.  Sunday was our day to do that...

Saturday, as you read below, was a great GREAT day!

This is where it gets nutty....

Saturday night, as I was asleep and S was still up (because he doesn't find sleep like I do...). He woke me up out of a dead sleep to tell me that he was researching our baby boy's name (just to pass time on his iPhone and make sure that we weren't missing something that would cause us not to use the name) and he told me that we have to change the way we spell it.  My sleepy response wasn't nice, but basically what I said was... "can we talk about this tomorrow?  I'm dead asleep and can't respond appropriately to this discussion."

Sunday arrived, the day of our actual anniversary and the first day of SPRING!  It was a great day!  S got to play golf with my dad and our soon-to-be brother-in-law, played pretty well, ate hot dogs and drank beer.  What more would he want to do on his anniversary!?!  Do what every boy loves to do!?!

Before he took off for his golf outing, I asked if it was possible for him to relay the information that he was talking about last night to me now...  He did.  After some tears, being pissed off, more hormones, and a little listening... I was off to the computer.  I need to research it myself and see the information that he was reading.  I needed proof that it was the way he was saying.  After reading page after page of information, we came to the conclusion that we'd talk about it more later but more than likely be changing it.

After he returned from golfing, we went out to Home Depot.  We had a list of things we wanted to do.  We wanted to get more paint for the nursery because there are a few spots we need to touch up; this meant that we had to take the gallon from what we had the first time because it was a custom color.  We also were replacing our kitchen window blind because it had broken and I was tired of looking at it; this meant that we needed the measurements to purchase the right size on a new one.  We also were buying replacement rods for my project above in hopes that we could just complete as it is and call it a day; this meant we need the measurement of the fabric, so we brought the fabric along.

Off we went...

When we pulled up to Home Depot, I was just blown away by the pansies... they were so vibrant and pretty and Sunday was a really pretty day.  I knew that I wanted to get some of those on my way out, just didn't want to carry them around with me through our tour of Home Depot.

We dropped off our paint to be made into quart size, we looked at dreamed about a new washer/dryer option, we looked at wooden rods (fail), we looked at curtain rods (maybe fail) and then we grabbed the blind.  As we approached the paint counter, we could see that the paint was done.  When we got to the counter, the lady explained that because we weren't getting the top of the line paint (like we had the first time) that this time, when they mixed it.... it didn't turn out just right.  She added a touch of something to make it work and showed us what it looked like dry on the paint can.  She suggested a few other things and then we were off.

Two things.  When we were in the curtain rod aisle.  I cried.  I was so tired of this project not turning out the first time around that when we couldn't find exactly what we needed for $6.00 or whatever... I made me so mad that we were now having to spend $24+ to complete it.

Next, after we left the paint counter, I lost it again.  I pulled away from S and tried to get myself together and just couldn't.  I went down the lighting aisle and just couldn't stop crying.  I asked him to take our things and check out.  I needed to go to the car.  I sat in our car and just cried.

Why?  You ask.

Because I was mad about the project wasn't going smoothly.  I was trying to be creative and it just didn't turn out like I wanted and that was heartbreaking for me.  I was mad because when I went to buy the paint for the nursery, I was sucked into this better paint that was "$6.00 more than the other gallon" which was supposed to be $35 dollars or something.  When they rang it out, it was $46 dollars and I was PISSED.  I gave them hell at the time and they dropped the price to what they had said it would be which only saved me $4.00 in the long run, but still made me so mad.  Then when the lady couldn't match it perfectly the second time because of the quart size and then change in paint choice, that just set me off.  I couldn't control myself and before I knew it, I was balling the lighting aisle.

Those things ruined the rest of my day and by the time 7:30pm hit, I was ready for bed.  Unfortunately, after watching some basketball, talking about our baby name more and playing around with our camera... I was in bed by 11pm.  Not the best night of sleep, but it was what it was...

Today is a new day.  So far, my only complaint is my back and my bra (again).  I haven't had a melt down today and I hope that I don't.

Pregnancy hormones are something else...


Maria said…

When I was pregnant with my first, I ended up running over my husband's foot with my car (TOTAL ACCIDENT) because he said he was too sick to go to our birthing class. Complete meltdown! It happens. You will feel better and in the end nothing will matter but your beautiful baby boy...not even the paint color of the nursery!! All will be well.

Anonymous said…
awww...hang in there!

I remember having similar moments like yours- but it really will fly by and before you know it you'll be holding your lil' bundle soon...and then you might even miss being pregnant.
(I did...)


Popular posts from this blog

that nightmare

Time is passing and permanent/next step decisions AREN'T being made about where our marriage is going.

Not because of anything other than HOPE....

Hope that these changes are real.  I can't deal with an act anymore.  I'm done with those fake attempts.  It just won't work for me.  I can't.

Hope that he really wants to change.  Because he's the only one that can make that decision for himself and not anyone else.

Hope that a new normal is really a possible option.  And not just a glimmer of something that will eventually be shattered and destroyed.

Hope that we could work through all of this and actually land on our feet.  But he has to want to do those things and my guidance won't help him.  He's got to want to do them on his own.  I can't help or ask or guide.  He has to do it.  Alone and with the help of God.

Hope that the narcissistic behaviors are being dealt with in positive ways and won't resurface.  With the help of prayer, guidance from h…

my little model...

There is a blog that I follow of a photographer that I saw at the Delaware County Fair. Her studio is near my home town and her pictures are very vibrant. I enjoy looking at different aspects of photography and I like seeing how didn’t people capture pictures and scenes… I guess you could say I’m envious.

While following her blog, I saw a post that stated Calling All Furry Friends and immediately responded. I have always wanted to have Toby get professional pictures done but I just fear that I wouldn’t pick the right person to capture his personality.

Anyway, as you can read in the link above, there were a handful of photographers at Megan Morgan’s studio and they were all going to be there just to take furry friends pictures.

Of the people that were there two have uploaded their pictures and Toby is in them!

First, Megan Morgan’s blog: Weekend Workshop

Then, Holly McCaig’s blog: Dogs Everywhere

They all captured some great pictures and I can’t wait to get my hands on them so that I …

Starting here..

I know that I haven't really updated this in a long while. I apologize. In the moments it was hard enough to survive, let alone write about it or find time to write about it.

With that said, I've told people over and over again that I'm going to write again, just not sure where to start.
So, today, I'm starting here.
My mom is terminal.  
Words that I cannot believe have to leave my mouth or my fingers.
She's been battling Ovarian Cancer for well over 10 years and this last year or 8 months+ have been just the worst.  Her body is being consumed by cancer and with every day that passes we are just another closer to losing her.
She's fought this whole time and continues to beat the odds that the doctors have placed before her. She's set goals and surpassed them and when the doctors say something, it's like she mentally tells herself that it's just NOT going to happen and she flies by those measurable items.
She's been a rock star and I have known …