Skip to main content

The dets...

So, if you didn't already read my previous post.....



Are you guys done screaming?  If you are, keep reading...  If not, keep it going, I can hear you and I love it!

Here's how the last month played out....

April 11, 2010, My cycle had started for the 41st time.  I was calm.  I wasn't upset.  I wasn't frustrated.  Just calm.  I knew that we had to try something and I knew it had to be different than everything else we had tried before.  I had a commenter starting to leave more and more comments and after 3 or 4, I remembered that she had trouble getting pregnant with her first and I wanted to see what worked for them. 

April 14, 2010, I went to her blog and read about Soy Isoflavones.  Granted, I didn't know much about this supplement, I just knew that based on some quick internet searches about how it has worked for others and what the different side effects were for some other women that I was going to try it.  At this point, I didn't have anything to lose.  So that evening, on my way home, I stopped at Walmart and picked up a bottle for less than $7.00.  I started taking them that night too!  It was my 4 day of my cycle and according to all that I had read, you need to take them for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle.  So, I started that night with 160 mg.

April 15, 2010, I took another 160 mg (5th day of my cycle).

April 16, 2010, I took another 160 mg (6th day of my cycle).

April 17, 2010, Another 160 mg (7th day of my cycle).

(Side Note: This is where it gets a little too personal, but just go with me here...)

April 18, 2010, I took my last dosage of 160 mg (8th day of my cycle/5th day of taking soy) and we were active (for those in question, active means that we "did it").  We were still making use of a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor as we wanted to make sure that the soy was actually going to be giving us a positive and we wanted the monitor to still tell us what was going on.  So on this day, we got our first HIGH day.

April 19 - 21, 2010, We continued to get HIGH days on the monitor and we were continuing to be active.

April 23, 2010, We had our last HIGH day and at this point, we were in Vermont for our friends wedding.  Following our quick trip to Magic Hat Brewery and Ben & Jerry's we were active again.

April 24 - 25, 2010, These days were our PEAK days and we were still active in Vermont.  Oh and yes, I actually did headstands this time, just to insure that the swimmers were going the right way.  That and I thought it would help build up my arm muscles.

The whole time we're trying or being active in VT, we're talking about how we should name our child after the hotel we were staying in or maybe the town.  We brainstormed.

April 26, 2010, We were home and we had our last high day and we weren't active.

April 28, 2010, I started feeling some weird cramping and figured it might be ovulation cramps.  So, we were active again, just to be sure (and I did more handstands)!

April 29, 2010 - May 4, 2010, In the 2ww, and yes, I realize this is less than a week, but go with me here.

May 5, 2010, I had a mild cramp that started on my way home.  I wasn't feeling right and I thought, well it's probably just preparing me for the worse.  I went home and wiped after using the restroom and saw blood.  I thought, I'll put a panty liner on and said, well let's just wait.  I went upstairs to work on my paper and before I knew it, I was having cramps from hell indicating that aunt flow was here.  I took 4 tylenol, used some other lady products, told my husband and then went back upstairs to write the rest of my paper.  Before we went to bed, we had a emotional heart-to-heart about what we were REALLY going to do next. 

That same night we talked about what supplements we should be taking aside from a mulit-vitamin/prenatal vitamin.  I went and did more research on the trusty-internet and found where he should be taking Vitamin C & E.  I also found out that I should be taking Evening Primrose Oil from menstruation to ovulation and Flaxseed Oil from Ovulation through pregnancy.

May 6, 2010, That next day, I went to Walgreens and spent $44.00 on supplements.  That evening, I started taking Flaxseed Oil (1000 mg, 3x daily).  Not only that, but I went on this site and bought FertileAid for Men & Women as well as PreSeed, for the next round.  I also thought that I was still going to be having full flow start within minutes and so I still had the proper girly products assisting me, only to find some brown spotting around lunch time.  From that point on, I didn't have any more blood or cramps.  That night I went to the grocery and got pomegranate juice because I read somewhere online, that it will help your lining and will naturally thicken it, so I just started drinking that a cup or two, 3x daily.

May 7 - 8, 2010, I was approaching the end of my cycle and hoped that I wouldn't have to test for fear that it would just be negative and let me down one more time.  Mr. Hope and I had talked about testing but he didn't want to know that I was doing it for fear that it would hurt him more or just ruin the surprise!

May 9, 2010, Mother's Day (and technically, my first soon-to-be-mother's-day but at that point I didn't know).  We were at my parents house and Mr. Hope's parents house, celebrating with our mom's and enjoying the cool but sunny weather.

That night when we were about to go to bed, Mr. Hope said, why did you go through the whole weekend without testing?  I just told him that I was afraid that it would be negative.  When you see a negative as many times as I have, you can't help but think that it's going to be negative, always.

May 10, 2010, I went to Walgreens again, this time for a 3 pack of pregnancy tests.  I came back to my office and not only noticed that my car and jacket had been the landing pad for some bird poop while I was driving but also I planned to pee on the stick.  I finished up and watched everything unfold. 


Two lines. 

I mean, really for real, two freaking lines! 

I wasn't seeing things, it happened almost immediately.  Two lines. 

A positive pregnancy test! 

I truly honest positive pregnancy test!  While I wanted to scream or at least cry, I thought... pull yourself together, you're at your office and you don't want to bring attention to yourself!  So I calmly washed by hands and went back to my desk.

Oh and before I left the bathroom, I snapped some pictures of my test, not only with my phone but with my camera that I always have in my purse!  Ha!  I bet that would've been a little weird to see a flash going off in the bathroom but luckily no one ever came in!

I'm still in shock.  I was shaking for a bit after I saw it as I wasn't sure that I really believed it at first.  I mean, it's been almost 3.5 years since we started trying and while I've waited for this moment of day for years, it doesn't seem real.  In the same breath, I'd also like to say that an enormous weight is lifted from my shoulders.  It's like the feeling you get when you cut your hair off 6 inches or more and the weight just lifts off your neck and back. 

It's like almost 4 years of emotional headaches and heartbreak, done.

I got a positive pregnancy test!

And now, a new journey, for us,  has started...

P.S. Please keep this news off of FB for the time being.  I'm still spreading the news...


Allison said…
I LOVE the story!!! Congratulations again and again. So happy for you guys :)
Jeannie said…
What a great story! It gave me chills! I'm so so excited for you and your hubbs! The journey you are just starting is amazing...simply amazing!

Sarah said…
I am still screaming! I've been screaming since the last post, and I'm oh-so-glad that you can hear it, because I think the entire blogging world is screaming too!


And big, fat hugs.
Aww so exciting and I am so happy for you! I had similar bleeding like you did with my first. My doctor called it implantation bleeding. He said it was when the baby was attaching to my uterine wall and was nothing to worry about.
So excited for you. You really did your homework and it paid off.
OH my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I am so happy for you. I mean, I am ECSTATIC and THRILLED and BEYOND excited for you!!!

(Did TWIT give you a hug this weekend? After reading your post below I messaged her and told her to hug you. I don't care if I don't know you "personally" - I just want you to know that you had fans ROOTING for you ALL OVER.)

This is just tremendous news.

Keep writing, sista. Keep writing.

One Pork Chop said…
OH MY GOSH! I seriously don't know if I've ever been more excited to see the words "We're EXPECTING" than I was when I saw this post. I am ecstatic for you, on cloud 9! YAY! YAY! YAY!

You're going to be a mommy!

I have chills.

I'm so happy for you. CONGRATS!
Jill said…
KY, no TWIT didn't hug me, but honestly I don't know that I would want her to since she has a funk right now.

Jeannie, Sarah, Britt & Nat, THANK YOU! It's very very very very exciting! Thank you for your continued support! Love you guys!

Also, could someone tell me why there is a prostate pills advertisment on this post? COME ON!
Mandy said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a blessed and exciting adventure! :)
Oh my goodness, I seriously have CHILLS while reading this because you can just feel your excitement! It is just awesome!! :)

P.S. I was talking about you this weekend to some friends. Felt like a dork as I have never met you and was sharing your news and story! I am SO SO happy for you two!
Lorna said…
You don't know me, but I found you through Erynn's blog and have been reading you ever since, always hoping you would finally get that BFP. I knew how you felt, because I had struggled with infertility for years. Then, one day, over two years ago, I got those two lines. And now I have a beautiful 22 month old little girl. I promise you the second you hold your baby in your arms, every moment of heartache will be erased.

Kristal said…
So freaking amazing!! I loved reading the daunt day of what happened. I'm so excited for you guys. :)
SassyTimes said…
I'm still screaming in excitement for you!!! I've been praying every night for you since I found your blog (whenever that was...???). I'm so happy and excited for you and this journey. God truly has an amazing plan for you.

Can't wait to hear more!
Wendy said…
So, so exciting! I was thinking about you as I was driving into work today. Totally random, I know, but I was just reflecting on how things work out when and how they're supposed to work out, for reaons no one can explain. You tried all of those different medical procedures and those didn't work, but a couple trips to Walgreens later, and you're pregnant! It's cra-zay! :)
Kelle said…
Congratulations! Smiled reading your comment. Such joy awaits.
You really did your homework and it paid off! I'm sooooo excited for you guys!!!
Sarah Dee said…
I have been thinking about you so much. I am so excited! I told my husband, and he was excited for you too (even though he has no clue who you are).
It brings tears to my eyes. I'll keep praying for you.
Jill Marie said…
This gives hope to so many, I am sure you know that! I am sooooo happy for you and your "Mr. Hope"!! I can't wait to read all about your journey! Thanks for staying so hopeful and even sharing when you weren't!
JackieMac said…
I am so very happy for you - Congrats!!!!
Mrs. Dirnberger said…
OMG OMG...I am SCREAMING!!!! I miss a day or two of blogging reading and I MISS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! I am so happy for you I could just burst:) Keep loveing, keeping the faith and most of all enjoy every bit! So So extrememly happy for you, I can't even put it in words b/c there aren't words good enough:)
Moore Family said…
Congrats again! What a wonderful story ;-D Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. Can't wait to see what you name this little bambino......Ben, Jerry??? LOL
Kayla said…
So excited for you! Congrats :-)
Abby said…
I am so happy for you guys! You are going to be amazing parents! Enjoy this beautiful ride, it will fly by!
Andrea said…
Love this! :)

Supplements worked for us as well! Now I'm a big believer in vitamens, healthy eating, etc. Congrats again and enjoy every second of your pregnancy and beyond! :)

Popular posts from this blog

that nightmare

Time is passing and permanent/next step decisions AREN'T being made about where our marriage is going.

Not because of anything other than HOPE....

Hope that these changes are real.  I can't deal with an act anymore.  I'm done with those fake attempts.  It just won't work for me.  I can't.

Hope that he really wants to change.  Because he's the only one that can make that decision for himself and not anyone else.

Hope that a new normal is really a possible option.  And not just a glimmer of something that will eventually be shattered and destroyed.

Hope that we could work through all of this and actually land on our feet.  But he has to want to do those things and my guidance won't help him.  He's got to want to do them on his own.  I can't help or ask or guide.  He has to do it.  Alone and with the help of God.

Hope that the narcissistic behaviors are being dealt with in positive ways and won't resurface.  With the help of prayer, guidance from h…

my little model...

There is a blog that I follow of a photographer that I saw at the Delaware County Fair. Her studio is near my home town and her pictures are very vibrant. I enjoy looking at different aspects of photography and I like seeing how didn’t people capture pictures and scenes… I guess you could say I’m envious.

While following her blog, I saw a post that stated Calling All Furry Friends and immediately responded. I have always wanted to have Toby get professional pictures done but I just fear that I wouldn’t pick the right person to capture his personality.

Anyway, as you can read in the link above, there were a handful of photographers at Megan Morgan’s studio and they were all going to be there just to take furry friends pictures.

Of the people that were there two have uploaded their pictures and Toby is in them!

First, Megan Morgan’s blog: Weekend Workshop

Then, Holly McCaig’s blog: Dogs Everywhere

They all captured some great pictures and I can’t wait to get my hands on them so that I …

Starting here..

I know that I haven't really updated this in a long while. I apologize. In the moments it was hard enough to survive, let alone write about it or find time to write about it.

With that said, I've told people over and over again that I'm going to write again, just not sure where to start.
So, today, I'm starting here.
My mom is terminal.  
Words that I cannot believe have to leave my mouth or my fingers.
She's been battling Ovarian Cancer for well over 10 years and this last year or 8 months+ have been just the worst.  Her body is being consumed by cancer and with every day that passes we are just another closer to losing her.
She's fought this whole time and continues to beat the odds that the doctors have placed before her. She's set goals and surpassed them and when the doctors say something, it's like she mentally tells herself that it's just NOT going to happen and she flies by those measurable items.
She's been a rock star and I have known …