Skip to main content


To continue on with my handstands post and complete my update for all of you that have been wondering what's been going on...

I'll start with our animals relaxing...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Next, I wanted to remind you of the Vera Bradley sale that my mom, sister and I attended on May 1st. What an experience. We drove out around 8am from my house to Fort Wayne, Indiana and it took about 2 hours straight to the door, or the parking lot. We were all herded into the parking lot of a conference center, paid $5.00 for parking and then expected to wait almost 2 hours in line, just to get in the door. We weren't happy about the wait and we weren't really sure how the weather was going to be so standing for 1.5 + hours and then having it potentially rain on us, we just weren't having it. So, my mom, sister and I went up to use the restroom and were able to jump ahead in line and within 30 minutes we were in the door.

Inside the room, there were just tables among tables FULL of their products. Purses, wallets, belts, luggage, cosmetic bags, stationary, pajamas, beach towels and everything in between. We were handed large pink garbage bags as we walked through the door and into the big room and we just went to town. Oh, we were also handed a floor plan of where certain styles of bags were located based on the balloon color that was on their table. It was really crazy, there were people EVERYWHERE. Very few people were carrying just one bag. Most were carrying 2 and 3 and some hand recycled a box to become their bag so they could just kick it around.

We gathered as much stuff as we thought we would want and met up together about 1.5 hours into it. We sat on the floor and decided what we wanted to keep and what we wanted to pass on. Plus, I had picked up stuff that I thought my sister would want or my mom, only to find out that they had already picked it up, so that lessened my load. We then went back out for another hour picking up more things that we had missed the first time or that they had marked down even more since the first time we went around. It was nuts but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Once we had decided on a handful of things and we had gathered the items that we had come for... we decided to get in line. Yes, another line. This line, my friends, was very much like the first, except we couldn't see the end, nor did we have a CLUE where it would end. No. Clue. None. We filtered out of the big room with all of the merchandise and into the lobby area. From there we were wound around down by the back boiler room hallway and back through. From there we were fed into another room that held, probably over 3,000 + people all waiting in a maze line.

You. Have. GOT. To. Be. KIDDING. ME!


They were, for real.

We waited in line to check out for OVER 2.5 hours just to check out. When we got to the check out, we received a free gift that they were already giving out, as well as another free gift for waiting in line, AND we all had $10 off any purchase so we got that too! It was a great deal. Roughly, we all spent about $130 each BUT we walked away with WELL over $350 to $600 in merchandise. AMAZING.

When we got home we all pulled out purchases and just played around with them trying to figure out what was going to be used for what. We all decided that now that we have the items that we have, we need to plan a trip just to use them!

So now, for the long awaited pictures of my purchases.

Without a doubt we'd go back again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Next we come to Alyson and her last night on the town as a bachelorette. We started the night over dinner and drinks and Brio. Her good friend Erin, planned the whole night and included a few extra touches to make it a little more memorable than just your typical night you. Here are the girls below:

Alyson & Dave got married on June 6th in Cabo. I saw a sneak peak of their wedding video and it was just amazing. It made me want to run out and get married all over again. Once she returns from her honeymoon, I'll link you to the video.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The week before Mother's Day weekend, I was getting gas at UDF and I noticed a sign above the pump that said, "buy 8 gallons and get 1/2 priced Reds tickets". Well, you know how I love a deal and we've been wanting to go anyway so I got 8 gallons + and went to work to research it a bit. It ended up that although they were 1/2 off it didn't mean that we could pick ANY game, we were limited. So it turned out that Mother's Day weekend was going to be the weekend that it worked.

We drove down, picked up my friends, the Back's, went onto dinner at Brazenhead and then onto the game. The weather was perfect. It was a little warm with the sun when we got there and then it cooled off as the night went on. Perfect baseball weather.

So, here we all are, at the All American Ball Park:

We hope to make it down there for another game or two this year but you just never know if that's going to work out. We can only hope.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, onto Mother's Day. As we have done in year's past, we had everyone over to our house for a lunch potluck. My in-laws and my family as well. Yes, they all get along and live close by so it always works out, which we love and couldn't ask for more.

So we had lunch and then we ventured out into our neighborhood to play some frisbee golf. I'm not very good but my brother & husband are... I don't mind not being very good, it's still fun to play.

Oh and the small dog that is in the below pictures, you might be wondering who that is and where it came from.... Weeeellllll, long story short, my sister found it. She was getting her mail at her apartment. She took it home, took care of it for a weekend, posted signs, took it to the vet, checked for a micro-chip and through a few phone calls found the owner. After about 4 more days and 3 more phone calls she figured out that the owner lived in her complex and basically that they wanted the dog back despite the fact that they weren't very good dog owners. She gave the dog back but while she was fostering it, it got to visit with us.

Having the frisbee golf in our neighborhood has been a fun activity for my husband and I to enjoy. Despite the fact that we lost 3 discs in one day. Bummer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As you have also read, my husband and I had been training for a 5k, doing the Couch to 5k program. From the moment we started to the day that we actually ran, it ended up being 13 weeks. The couch to 5k program is a 10 week program and literally you can go from hating to run to running a 5k! I did it and so did my hubby, so you can too!

My run was great! I didn't have to stop at any point and my body felt good too! My shins started to hurt towards the end but that was pretty common. My time was 38:34 minutes and my husband's time was 27:58 minutes. We were both pleased with our time and hope to do another one in the near future.

Here's a few shots that we captured ourselves after the Race for the Cure:

My mom and dad did the 1 mile fun walk and our friends both ran & walked. We met up with them for a light lunch following the event.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This reception kicks off the first of 8 receptions that we'll be attending this summer/fall. These friends like 2 others, went away and got married on the beach, which just sounds dreamy.

They had the most amazing night for their wedding reception and I'm so glad that we were included on their special day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now we're 2 days into the Memorial Day weekend and we have another wedding related festivity! My friend Kelly was having her bachelorette night. {Keep in mind, at this point I was only 2 days past my IUI and I wasn't really drinking much of anything} We all met at a local winery. We tasted about 10 different wines and we made two different types of wines. It was a really fun event and the venue did such a great job with the decorations and descriptions of the wines! We all had a great time!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So they finally tied the knot and where they got married was pretty unique. They had their reception on the stage of an outdoor concert hall down town and they had their reception on the inside. It was perfect! The reason for the location was because the groom worked at the venue. They did a great job of decorating and making it "non concert" like.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So now, while my hubby is in D.C. on the 8th grade trip, I'll be here doing handstands hoping his little swimmers will find their way... We tried a handful of times before he left and I'm really hoping that those little boogers stuck around. So excuse me while I'll do another handstand.


SassyTimes said…
Okay, first of all, it's waaaay past my bedtime. That being said, when I read the paragraph about getting gas, my mind went to farts. Sorry.

I love the Forever 21 dress on you...but I'm sad that you didn't show your shoes. What did you end up choosing? Wedges?
What a fun post! Loved all the photos.

Keep doing those hand stands.
Danica said…
Happy hand standing!

Enjoyed getting caught up!

Popular posts from this blog

that nightmare

Time is passing and permanent/next step decisions AREN'T being made about where our marriage is going.

Not because of anything other than HOPE....

Hope that these changes are real.  I can't deal with an act anymore.  I'm done with those fake attempts.  It just won't work for me.  I can't.

Hope that he really wants to change.  Because he's the only one that can make that decision for himself and not anyone else.

Hope that a new normal is really a possible option.  And not just a glimmer of something that will eventually be shattered and destroyed.

Hope that we could work through all of this and actually land on our feet.  But he has to want to do those things and my guidance won't help him.  He's got to want to do them on his own.  I can't help or ask or guide.  He has to do it.  Alone and with the help of God.

Hope that the narcissistic behaviors are being dealt with in positive ways and won't resurface.  With the help of prayer, guidance from h…

my little model...

There is a blog that I follow of a photographer that I saw at the Delaware County Fair. Her studio is near my home town and her pictures are very vibrant. I enjoy looking at different aspects of photography and I like seeing how didn’t people capture pictures and scenes… I guess you could say I’m envious.

While following her blog, I saw a post that stated Calling All Furry Friends and immediately responded. I have always wanted to have Toby get professional pictures done but I just fear that I wouldn’t pick the right person to capture his personality.

Anyway, as you can read in the link above, there were a handful of photographers at Megan Morgan’s studio and they were all going to be there just to take furry friends pictures.

Of the people that were there two have uploaded their pictures and Toby is in them!

First, Megan Morgan’s blog: Weekend Workshop

Then, Holly McCaig’s blog: Dogs Everywhere

They all captured some great pictures and I can’t wait to get my hands on them so that I …

Starting here..

I know that I haven't really updated this in a long while. I apologize. In the moments it was hard enough to survive, let alone write about it or find time to write about it.

With that said, I've told people over and over again that I'm going to write again, just not sure where to start.
So, today, I'm starting here.
My mom is terminal.  
Words that I cannot believe have to leave my mouth or my fingers.
She's been battling Ovarian Cancer for well over 10 years and this last year or 8 months+ have been just the worst.  Her body is being consumed by cancer and with every day that passes we are just another closer to losing her.
She's fought this whole time and continues to beat the odds that the doctors have placed before her. She's set goals and surpassed them and when the doctors say something, it's like she mentally tells herself that it's just NOT going to happen and she flies by those measurable items.
She's been a rock star and I have known …