- Received the results from the morphology. My husbands sperm is 1% out of the normal range and because of that they have decided they want to do a sperm wash to weed out the bad and keep the good.
- With that said, the nurse said that the dr. would like to go ahead with an IUI.
- Drugs were prescribed and I picked them up. Tamoxifen, three pills daily for days 3 - 7 of my cycle. HCG shot to be given on the day of my ultrasound or a few days following at home.
- I have an appointment scheduled for an internal ultrasound on March 25th.
- From there an IUI would be done 36 hours following the injection of the HCG.
I've been taking the Tamoxifen for 2 days now and you wouldn't know it, unlike Clomid. The side effects that I experienced with Clomid were just through the roof. With Tamoxifen I feel like my self, I'm acting like myself, my boobs are not sore and I don't feel off at all. It's amazing what a difference this medicine is doing!
So, what does the outcome look like? Well the nurse indicated that We could potentially do this IUI and be pregnant in this one cycle. There isn't really anything standing in our way. We are lucky to have a small obstacle to overcome and it's something that the dr. feels very comfortable in saying that it should be an easy fix.
What am I feeling? Well initially, I was a little freaked out because our insurance doesn't cover this procedure. After I worked through some things, I have found myself completely over joyed with the idea of potentially being pregnant THIS month! This reality is still a little surreal but it could be the future and with that, I'm thankful and grateful!