My little things are not things that I love, there are things that I loathe.
holes in underwear & socks an open pantry door folding sockspeeing in a bar bathroombroken sandals or falling apart shoesflying out of Norfolk airportpaper cutsmothsWhile making this list, I kept thinking or things I love. So in honor of lori's loathe vs. love lists I'm going to follow up with my loves. hot showersmcd's french frieswheat beersthe beachcrisp white tanksdvrflip flopscoldstone's cake batter ice creamWhat are some of your loves vs. loathes?
Enjoy your weekend! [I'm kind of hungry now... ugh!]
Ingredients: 1 jar sliced jalapenos 32 oz. shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar Cheese Mix 3 eggs 4 T. flour 4 T. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Line a 13 x 9" pan with jalapenos to your liking. You won't use the whole jar. I usually space them out to where they aren't touching but the pan is full. 3. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top. 4. Mix together eggs, flour, milk. Pour evenly over cheese. The mixture won't completely cover the top so I use a spoon to drizzle it over the top until its all gone. 5. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving otherwise the cheese is too mushy.
There was a crazy on-going storm last night that pretty much lasted the entire evening. We thought for sure that our sump pump was going to give out and we were sure that our basement was going to flood. Luckily, neither of those things happened and we were both VERY happy about it!!!
I captured a little bit of last evenings storm for your enjoyment.
Last week my whole family went to Holland, MI. For those of you from Ohio or in Ohio, you might say to us, "Are you crazy? Why the hell would you step foot on the state up north?" To which I would respond with, "My sister went to school in Holland and they have nice beaches."
So we left Tuesday and drove up with my brother and Toby. It was a pretty smooth trip and only about 4.5 hours driving with one stop for food/gas/bathroom.
My parent rented a house steps from the beach in a great little area near parks and about 15 minutes from downtown Holland which we thouroughly enjoy! We (my sister, mom and I) shopped a lot in Holland and the boys just walked around window shopping and occassionally stopping in local bars for a beer. It was great weather but a little cool for the beach. It didn't reach but 75 or so during the afternoon and the evening were cool.
We played cornhole, visited the local put-put/go cart place, ran Toby in the lake, laid out by the lake, vis…
That's right, today is the day that I arrived into the world.
Through my 26 years, I'd like to say that I've learned a lot, loved a lot, hurt a lot and laughed a lot. My hurt has always been something that I can over come. I've learned from my hurt and from my love. I laugh only because it's the most enjoyable thing for me. I love to laugh! I also love to make people laugh, although that doesn't always come easy for me (that's why I married my dh)!
I've gained new friends, stayed in touch with old friends, lost touch with some friends and have got back in touch with other friends. You all play a major role in my life and sometimes I feel like I would have no where to turn if you weren't there to lend a shoulder or hand. Thank you for being who you are in my life!
My husband. The bestest friend of all! As a language arts teacher, he'll appreciate the spelling error in the last sentence. =) You are a main source of my laug…
51. Finding out Oreo (my rabbit of 7 years) had died and having to bury him.
52. Watching Mr. Hope play his guitar and sing.
53. Meeting Kim W. for the first time at a craft show, having her host my Pampered Chef Bridal Shower, becoming apart of her team, becoming friends, and after 4 years of knowing her ... finding out that she had passed away. Why? Because of a inter-cerebral hemorrhage. Still a moment that just sits uneasy with me. She was only 47, married for 20 some years, 4 children (9 years - 24 years) and a really inspiring person.
54. Watching Mr. Hope make silly faces, noises, jokes... always making me smile.
55. Spending time with my mom, time that will forever be remembered.
56. Working with my dad at the county fair. Running around the fair grounds knowing all the sneaky routes. Playing in the infield while the races are going on. Eating fair food at it's finest.
57. Walking our first "Walk for the Whisper" with my family, family frie…
That's how today was. I went into it thinking that it would be alright, if not better than alright. I had just gotten back from vacation and although my job depends on my daily, if not hourly and when I'm not there things pile up. They don't go away. So the start of my day was a million emails and all sorts of reports/projects that needed to be done while I was out.
Around lunch time, I started to get things under control and then before I knew it, ever time I went to do something it wasn't working or it needed to be corrected before I could proceed. It was really time consuming and it wasn't much fun. It didn't make for a smooth day. I'm hopefully going to go in tomorrow a little earlier so that I can have some peace and quite to get some things done without interruption.
Aside from that, aunt flow has really got me down this month. Not that this month is any different than the other months but it's just a massive weight that keeps getting piled onto m…
Just to give you a short run down of what we have done already:
Arrived 6/6 (Friday) went to Chick-Fil-A and the dollar store. Watched M. (my friends daughter) get off the bus and then off to her musical theatre rehearsal.6/7 (Saturday) We got up, showered, off to musical theatre rehearsal #2, and then straight to the pool! (It was high 90s or low 100s today.)Saturday night we had M.'s show! She did a great job!6/8 (Sunday) 10:55am left C-town for W-burg for Water Country USA! (It was upwards of 100 degrees today.) We were there from 12:30pm until 6:30pm. It was fabulous! However the down fall was AF. That brat!6/9 (Monday) Off to Virginia Beach!!!!! (It's 9:40am and it's already reading 102 degrees.) We are heading out about 10:30am and it's only about 30 minutes away from C-town. We are going shopping, site seeing, and of course to sit by the ocean. I'm very much looking forward to this day! Tomorrow 6/10 (Tuesday) we aren't going to have much going on! I have…
2 boxes Philly cream cheese 1/2 stick butter cream the Philly & butter together - then add all the below items and cream together - shape & put into the fridge for at least 3 hours 1 or 1/2 onion (to your liking) 1 or 1.5 bags lunch meat (chipped beef) Horseradish Sauce (to your liking) Worcheshire Sauce (to your liking)
In about 2 days I will be stepping foot on the beach. I can't wait. It's been about 2 years since I've been to the beach and that if far too long. I'm very much looking forward to it! I'm visiting a very good friend of mine and her family. We haven't seen each other in over a year! Crazy! Time flies when you get older. It just slips through your fingers and before you know it, it's gone.
Time lately seems to be slipping by quickly. I am really trying not to think about TTC, I'm trying to focus on other things. Other things like my dh, my house, my work, my vacation, my animals, my health, babysitting, my day to day tasks, running errands, anything that will keep my mind off of it. So far it's been good! I've been really busy but it's those nights when I'm at home alone that I can't stop thinking about it.
I've taken almost 2 months off from "trying" and it feels great! My dh and I are still "trying" but we ar…
36. Playing dress up with my sister, friends and sometimes my brother.
37. Seeing New Kids on the Block from the spot light booth with my dad at the state fair.
38. Also watching the Bangles from the spot light booth too. Crazy view up there!
39. Hearing the story of my brother, who was riding his bike when a rain/sleet storm came on. He buckled down and petaled his butt of with his head down. He was just down the street and was trying to get home before it got too bad. Before he got to the drive way he hit a stopped car (like stopped in the middle of the lane because he couldn't see, stopped). Unfortunately my brother was sighted and had to pay for the damage to the car. How rude, IMO??!! He was biking in something that even the car couldn't drive in.
40. Piano lessons at Mrs. DeWitt's house in the basement.
41. Swinging on the tree swing at Sam and Jack's house, next door.